AGBU FOCUS is a culturally and socially enriching five-day weekend event set in a cosmopolitan city
and designed for young Armenian professionals from around the world.
have been united since
the launch of FOCUS
played host to FOCUS
Raised in donations for
Various AGBU programs
- For those who want to add on to the traditional events, the FOCUS team has added on a day of sight-seeing and fun. VenueTBDLocationTBD Next event>...
- Join in on a lively discussion and reception that unites global Armenians in one room as they exchange viewpoints and experiences and broaden their networks. VenueTBDLocationTBD Next event>...
- AGBU will host an interactive conference with Young Professionals and emerging leaders with a 'focus' on advancing a nation of Global Armenian-ship. How do we contribute ? Venue...
- Beirut is known for its nightlife… Dance the night away at one of the city's hottest spots. VenueTBD Location TBD <Previous event Next event>...
- Enjoy an enriching afternoon showcasing Armenian talent as well as the culture of the host city. VenueTBDLocationTBD...
- A glamourous evening unfolds with dinner and dancing at an upscale venue. Premium open bar. Black tie optional. Venue TBD LocationTBD <Previous event Next event>...
- Bid farewell to the wonderful people you met over the weekend at an elegant brunch as you exchange numbers, stories, and memories. Venue TBD LocationTBD <Previous event...
What is the purpose of AGBU FOCUS?
One of the goals of FOCUS is to develop a new international network of alumni, Young Professionals (YPs), and friends of AGBU between the ages of 21-40, that reflects the diverse nature of the Armenian community. The weekend is also designed to pay tribute to and create awareness of AGBU's numerous youth programs and its investment in young Armenians across the globe.
How many people usually attend AGBU FOCUS?
Since its premier event in 2001, FOCUS has become a highly-anticipated event drawing between 400
and 600 attendees in each city. FOCUS tends to sell out a month before the weekend.
Do I have to attend
all events in order to
No, although we do encourage our guests to attend all planned activities to revel in the entire experience.
For what age group is this weekend the most appropriate?
As the weekend is aimed to encourage networking among young professionals, participants must be 21 and over to attend.
When should I expect to arrive and leave Beirut?
We have scheduled events from Wednesday, August 2 until the afternoon of Sunday, August 6.
Can I explore Beirut on my own?
You are certainly free to explore the city but we strongly encourage you to stick to the itinerary and
stay with the AGBU FOCUS group.
Join Our Mailing List
55 East 59th Street
New York, NY 10022
I live abroad. Can I attend?
Absolutely. We encourage our international friends to attend FOCUS and bring with them their unique international outlook and perspective! Please be sure to arrange any necessary travel VISAs and paperwork.
Is there a dress code for any of the events?
Perspectives: Cocktail Chic Conference: Business Casual Club Night: Dressy Casual Gala: Formal Attire All other events call for casual comfort!
Is this weekend a fundraiser?
While the weekend itself is not a fundraiser, AGBU FOCUS launches a large-scale fundraising effort prior to the weekend of activities in honoring and promoting a specific AGBU program during each biennial event. This year’s proceeds and related fundraising efforts will be directed to AGBU’s evolving education initiatives.
Is this event a reunion for AGBU Youth Programs?
No. While we certainly encourage past participants of all AGBU programs and AGBU school alumni to get in touch with old friends and make plans to meet at FOCUS, this event is not a reunion and we welcome all young Armenians from around the world.
How do I get involved in organizing the event?
Thanks for your enthusiasm! If you are interested in helping with the organization of FOCUS events or promoting in your area, we would love to have your support. Please contact the AGBU YP Toronto Chair, Mihran Egavian at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, 'Volunteer Interest.'
How can I help fundraise for the cause?
We are grateful for the support of our global network of fundraisers and would be pleased to work with you on organizing a fundraising event in your community. You can pledge your birthday, host a party, or dedicate a run/walk. Please email Karen Papazian at email@example.com to explore ways we can make a difference together.
Who can I contact for more information?
Please contact AGBU FOCUS Coordinator Sharis Boghossian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-319-6383.